DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING September 19, 2016
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Max Stoner, Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
John Eby, Secretary Steven Miner, Solicitor
Salvatore F. Marone, Treasurer
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Max Stoner, Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:05pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF AUGUST 15, 2016
Mr. MARONE made a motion to approve the minutes of the August 15, 2016 meeting with one correction (stated by Mr. Eby); regarding the staff update which should have been titled Stone Gate Village rather than Yetter Court. Mr. YOUNG seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0.
PUBLIC COMMENT: There were no comments from the public.
ACTION: APPROVAL OF THE SOLICITOR’S 2017 FEE SCHEDULE
Mrs. Trone explained further the letter from the solicitor which was included in the Board’s packets states new rates at $175.00/hour and $350.00/meeting fee for 2017. Mr. YOUNG made a motion to approve the solicitor’s 2017 fee schedule as stated. Mr. EBY seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0.
Mr. Black joined the meeting.
- Arcona – Mr. Eby stated there have been no new phases approved by the Commissioners since their last meeting; it has been very busy, we received a lot of permit applications for plan reviews, a lot of outstanding permits; the project is moving along including detached single family homes, town homes and mixed use buildings in the commercial court. Mr. Eby stated he has not seen apartments across the way at this time.
- Stone Gate Village – Mr. Eby stated they are maintaining a very aggressive schedule with ten (10) buildings and the township already has issued permits for six (6). He feels we will have applications for the remaining of the buildings by the end of September. The building immediately along Lisburn Road is framed out; foundation work is moving along on all other buildings and may even have or close to having the permit for the swimming pool. Also the sewer extension has been constructed; however has not been approved.
- Marzoni’s Brick Oven & Brewing Co. – Mr. Eby stated the permits are issued and construction has started. They are still going back and forth on a few details on the fire protection and signs; however, the basic permits are issued.
- Sale of 1993 Hummel Avenue – Mrs. Trone explained the sale of the building did go thru on August 31, 2016. Steve stated everyone appreciated the extension.
- Eby stated he wished to give an update and general over-all comment concerning the economic development in the Township. Within a year, the Township normally has issued approximately 500 permits; we have reached that figure in July of this year; a week in June, there were forty (40) applications received and a single day in August had eleven (11) applications received. There are a lot of homeowners doing upgrades, a couple of office buildings under construction, work within the mall so there is a fairly high level of activity.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 17, 2016 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:14pm.