DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING OCTOBER 16, 2017
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
John Eby, Secretary Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
Salvatore F. Marone, Treasurer Steven Miner, Solicitor
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Vice Chairman Young called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:03pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
Maxwell Stoner & Mr. Black were absent with excuse.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 18, 2017
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the September 18, 2017 meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0.
PUBLIC COMMENT: There were no comments from the public.
DISCUSSON: YETTER COURT PROPERTY
Mrs. Trone informed the Board she completed the following as requested:
- In reference to having the property re-appraised, she reached out to eight firms and received responses back from four; however, out of those four only two gave her actual numbers. The lowest rate was $2,750.00 from RealPro Valuation out of Lancaster; Century Engineering from New Cumberland also submitted a quote at $3,500.00. She also expects another company from Camp Hill to submit a quote also.
- The County and the State will put the property on their websites for free.
- As far as the signage, the Township sign shop actually can make a nice sign.
Mr. EBY made a motion to give Mrs. Trone the authority to employ a certified appraiser with customary certifications with the price not to exceed $3,500.000 and to give her the authority to execute the contract for the appraisal of the Yetter Court Property within the next two weeks. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0.
DISCUSSION: COMPREHENSIVE PLAN EXECUTIVE SUMMARY DRAFT
Mrs. Trone reviewed the comprehensive plan draft that was sent to the board prior to the meeting. Mr. Eby stated that having been a staff professional thru a couple of other old fashioned comp plans he felt this was not just a consultant giving their opinion, but more a scoping of what the “stakeholder group” (community) actually wants or sees in the future. Discussion ensued.
- Bon Ton shopping area – a lot of property with high visibility that is being under-utilized. Discussion ensued including Rana Villa area.
- Mrs. Trone also stated the Comp Plan Committee discussed possibly making the mall mixed-used area. Although it is doing well now, no one wants to see it become vacant which is the national trend where malls are concerned and this area is the center of the Township.
- Discussion ensued on mass transit not being available.
- Discussion ensued concerning adding a water feature in parks; possibly splash pad at the Fun Fort or even inside the mall as suggested by Mrs. Trone.
- Goals; these are not prioritized at this point.
- Mr. Eby suggested when more are in attendance to discuss how the Development Authority can assist.
- Mrs. Trone asked the board how they feel about having the four areas named in the comp plan since the group was attempting to give it a more comprehensive feel instead of East, West, etc. Mr. Marone stated he thought it made more sense to try to communicate to a broader group.
- Mrs. Trone reviewed another idea the group had which was to have the Township host quarterly “Homeowner 101” seminars. The Board liked the idea; per Mr. Eby would rather educate people than do violations.
- Mrs. Trone informed the Board that this will not be the last time they will have to be able to comment on the comp plan. Discussion ensued.
Mr. Eby reported on Charters which is posturing on their 13 apartment buildings complex permanent approvals keyed up for their financing. They are in the preliminary stages of design for Phase 2.3 which is the downtown court; so there will be a lot going on there in the next year. The Village Green has been seeded/sodded.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Monday, November 20, 2017 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:41pm.