Board of Commissioners
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
May 14, 2018 7:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Black. Proof of Publication.
2. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes: April 23, 2018
4. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
5. Bid Opening: 3529 Lisburn Road Demolition Project
6. Presentation: Community and Economic Development, Building Safety Month
7. Presentation: CALEA and PLEAC Certificate Presentation to the Board.
8. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, Staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Awarding a contract to Thermotech, Inc. for the LACP Barn HVAC Upgrade Project in the amount of $40,474.00.
b. Tax Collector’s April 2018 monthly report.
9. PRESIDENT BLACK
a. Approve Check Register of April 27, 2018 in the amount of $111,777.65.
b. Approve Check Register of May 11, 2018 in the amount of $491,254.93.
c. Accept a motion to approve ORDINANCE 2018-03, amending chapter 21, fire companies, of the code of Lower Allen Township by adding section 21-5, emergency response payment reimbursement.
10. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to fifteen (15) minutes per person.
a. Discussion and Possible Action: Accepting a time extension from William R. Grace for SLD Docket No. 2017-04, Final Subdivision Plan for 145 S. Locust Street, establishing a new deadline July 13, 2018.
b. Discussion and Possible Action: Adopting Resolution 2018-R-19, authorizing the Township Manager to sign the Reimbursement Agreement with PennDOT for the Gettysburg Road Relocation Project.
12. COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
a. Zoning Hearing Board report.
a. PowerPoint presentation on pension plans.
b. Discussion: Adopting Resolution 2018-R-20 Lower Allen Township Retirement Plan and the Lower Allen Township Police Pension Plan. The Township Pension Committee has reviewed the portfolio mix of the police and nonuniform plans and recommends a change.
14. ASSISTANT MANAGER
a. Request from Capital City Mall to designate Saturday, June 16th as “Superhero Day” in Lower Allen Township.
15. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS