Board of Commissioners
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
January 14, 2019 7:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Black. Proof of Publication.
2. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes: December 26, 2018
4. EMPLOYEE RECOGNITIONS – Length of Service and Recognitions
5. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
6. PRESIDENT BLACK
a. Check Register of January 4, 2019 in the amount of $203,651.44. Manual Check Register of December 19, 2018 in the amount of $25.00.
b. Accept a motion to approve the release of Mechanic Aaron J. Duncan from his probationary period effective January 23, 2019.
c. Accept a motion to approve purchase of a replacement equipment trailer for the Parks Department in the amount of $10,280.25.
d. Accept a motion to approve the members of the new Pedestrian/Bicycle Study Committee.
e. Tax Collectors Decembers 2018 Monthly Report.
7. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to fifteen (15) minutes per person.
8. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. Discussion: Capital Purchase of a 2019 Forensic Vehicle Replacement.
b. Discussion: Capital Purchase of a Ford AWD Interceptor Explorer Vehicle.
c. Discussion: Lower Allen Fire Company Fire Box Alarm Approvals.
d. Discussion: Job description and proposed advertisement of EMS ALS Paramedic Captain Position.
9. COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
a. Zoning Hearing Board report
a. Discussion: Amendment to Section 16.00, In-Service Conferences, Meetings and Training, of the Lower Allen Township Personnel Manual.
b. Discussion: Adding $.50 to Scot Emerson’s hourly rate of pay for his pesticide license
c. Resolution recognizing the Lisburn Community Fire Company for the 65th anniversary of their founding.
d. Public Safety services study and Ad Hoc Committee.
11. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS