STORMWATER AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING FEBRUARY 7, 2019
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
STORMWATER AUTHORITY BOARD TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Gordon E. Wilson, Chairman Dan Flint, Township Engineer
Timothy Johnson, Vice Chairman Rebecca Davis, MS4 Coordinator
Lloyd Bucher, Treasurer Tina Thomas, Recording Secretary
Alison J Shuler, Secretary
Also in attendance: Steven P. Miner, Esquire, LATSA Solicitor.
Chairman Wilson called the February 7, 2019 Regular Meeting of the Stormwater Authority to order at 8:13 pm. He announced that Proof of Publication was available for review. Tina Thomas completed a Roll Call of the Board members present. Mr. Schin was absent with excuse.
Ms. Schuler moved to approve the minutes from the January 3, 2019 meeting of the Stormwater Authority. Mr. Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0, with Mr. Bucher abstaining due to absence.
Mr. Miner presented the Bylaws of the Lower Allen Township Stormwater Authority to the Board for discussion. He gave a brief description of what each of the six articles covers.
- Article One – Officer and Fiscal Year: This article establishes the location of the Authority and start of the fiscal year.
- Article Two- Notice, Waivers, Meetings Generally: This article covers legal notices and the Sunshine Law.
- Article Three – Authority Board: This article covers such topics as limited personal liability and number of board members and terms of office, as well as giving the power to create committees.
- Article Four – Officers: This article explains the duties and responsibilities each position of the Stormwater Board.
- Article Five – Indemnification of Members, Officers, and Other Authorized Representatives: This article explains that the Board members are covered in the event of any lawsuits by the insurance carried by Lower Allen Township.
- Article Six – Miscellaneous: This article allows for the authority to have a seal created identifying the Stormwater Authority. It also explains how a Quorum is determined, how deposits are made, and the establishment of financial reports.
Mr. Miner stated that he is not looking for the Board to take action on the Bylaws but wanted to get them out to the Board members and receive their comments. Ms. Schuler would like to have a seal made for the Stormwater Authority’s use.
MS4 COORDINATOR REPORT – REBECCA DAVIS
Mrs. Davis presented the Lower Allen Township Stormwater Authority – Credit Policy and Appeals Process Manual for approval by the Board. She stated that comments she received from Mr. Johnson have been incorporated into the document. Mrs. Davis stated that credits must be entered by March 1st to be ready for April billing. She sent letters out at the end of January to all applicants who are eligible for credits letting them know they can apply. Billing software is being updated and billing is on track to be ready for April. Vacant parcels are having accounts created for them as they do not already receive trash and sewer bills like other parcels. Mrs. Davis has been receiving feedback from the community following the receipt of the letters. Some of the businesses are being educated as to why the fee is being collected when they call. The consulting firm Arcadis has helped us with a FAQ document for the Stormwater billing brochure.
Chairman Wilson stated that he still feels that appeals for credit decisions should come before the Stormwater Authority before Township Commissioners. He would like to receive a monthly report of credit status. This would show what has been handled in accordance with credit policy and what is challenged or pending. Mrs. Davis will provide this.
Ms. Shuler moved to approve the Credit Policy and Appeals Process Manual and Mr. Johnson seconded the motion. Motion carried 4-0.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS PERTINENT TO THE AUTHORITY:
There being no more business, Mr. Wilson adjourned the Stormwater Authority meeting at 8:31pm.