Pedestrian & Bicycle Study
In January 2019 Lower Allen Township created a Pedestrian and Bike Committee to Plan Goals and Objectives for maintaining and enhancing a healthy, connected, and prosperous community in Lower Allen Township through sensible improvements to pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure. The Committee consisted of residents throughout the Township from various neighborhood.
• Provide information on the value of connected,
walkable, and bikeable communities that create
health and economic benefits as well as enhanced
quality of life.
• Identify high priority sidewalk, trail and walkability
• Educate the public and key stakeholder organizations
on the opportunities for, and priorities regarding
improved walkability and connectivity in Lower Allen.
• Support decision-making by Township officials and
staff on moving high-priority projects forward.
• Develop a planning document that can support
efforts to attract and secure funding for the future
implementation of proposed projects.
CLICK HERE to view their final Report, this was presented to the Board of Commissioners at the September 23, 2019 Meeting.