Zoning Hearing Board
5-21-2020 Meeting Notice
The May 21st hearing of the Lower Allen Township Zoning Hearing Board of Lower Allen Township will be held at 7:00 pm on the Zoom platform. A link to the meeting will be posted here and on the Township’s website two hours prior to the meeting.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting. When: May 21, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0tc-GgrTsjG9w3Ci2vcA2u55FhRkQBjDBx
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
ZONING HEARING BOARD
May 21, 2020 7:00 PM
Due to COVID-19 this meeting is being held virtually as permitted by law during this emergency. The link to the meeting registration will be made available at 4PM on May 21, 2020 on the Lower Allen Township website and on its Facebook page. Audio-visual and verbatim transcript recording of this meeting will occur. The recordings will also be made available on the website.
- Call to Order by the Chairperson:
“During the meeting we ask that you mute your microphone and turn off your video unless you are a member of the Zoning Hearing Board or its staff. Our meeting host this evening is Assistant Manager Erin Trone. If you would like to comment, testify, or ask a question during the proceedings, please use the chat feature found near your mute (microphone icon) and video controls to notify her. She will then let you know the proper time to speak and make the Board aware that there is a public comment. Once you are recognized the host will unmute you and request you to start your video if you have it available. The host may remove any participant that uses lewd behavior or language or disrupts the meeting.”
- Proof of Publication is Available.
- Approval of minutes of January 16, 2020 public meeting—annual reorganization and grant of continuance for Docket 2020-01.
- Affirmation of public hearing continuances that were granted by the ZHB via email communications because scheduled public meetings for February, March and April 2020 were cancelled:
- Docket 2020-01, Global Video, 3401 Hartzdale Drive request to extend the continuance date of May 21, 2020, granted during the January 16, 2020 public meeting, until June 18, 2020.
- Docket 2020-03, Capital Plaza Associates, 3401 Hartzdale Drive request for continuance of scheduled February 20, 2020 public hearing until May 21, 2020.
- Docket 2020-04, FCPT Holdings, Inc., 3506 Capital City Mall Drive request for continuance of scheduled March 19, 2020 public hearing until April 16, 2020 and subsequent request for further continuance until May 21, 2020.
- Granting of additional public hearing continuances requested by applicants:
- Docket 2020-03, Capital Plaza Associates, 3401 Hartzdale Drive request for further extension of May 21, 2020 continued public hearing date until June 18, 2020.
- Docket 2020-01, Global Video, 3401 Hartzdale Drive request for further extension of June 18, 2020 continued public hearing date until July 16, 2020.
- Recess public meeting and convene public hearing:
Docket #2020-04 – The application of FCPT Holdings, Inc., 591 Redwood Highway, Suite 1150, Mill Valley CA 94941 is requesting variances from the following sections of Chapter 220, Zoning, of the Code of Lower Allen Township: 220-74 for impervious coverage limit, 220-200.B.(1) for parking lot landscaping requirements and 220-242.L.(2)(b) for parking lot setback distance. Variances are necessary to facilitate subdivision of the Capital City Mall property at 3506 Capital City Mall Drive into 3 separate lots as described in greater detail in the ZHB application narrative.
- Zoning Officer will be sworn in and testify that public notification requirements have been satisfied.
- Applicant testimony.
- ZHB and staff questions.
- Public testimony Note: You must be sworn in prior to beginning testimony and state your name and address for the public record
- Recess public hearing and convene executive session to deliberate regarding a decision in Docket 2020-04. The meeting host will place all meeting participants except ZHB members and Solicitor in a “waiting room” with no audio or video and Zoom, YouTube and meeting recording will be halted.
- Reconvene public hearing and render a decision in Docket 2020-04. Meeting host will reconnect all other meeting participants and recordings will resume.
- Adjourn public hearing.
- If no other matters for public consideration, adjourn public meeting.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Lower Allen Township Zoning Hearing Board (ZHB) will hold its Public Meeting on Thursday, May 21, 2020 via electronic media at 7:00 pm.
The agenda includes affirmation of previously granted public hearing continuations for Dockets 2020-01, 2020-03 and 2020-04, and requests to grant additional continuances for Dockets 2020-01 and 2020-03. A public hearing will also be conducted for Docket 2020-04. Prior public notice was published for all 3 dockets in accordance with the PA MPC, and case information is available by viewing ZHB agendas on the Township’s website.
All persons desiring to participate in the public meeting will be able to get the link to the web meeting and/or a telephone number on the Township’s website, www.latwp.org, or the Township’s Facebook page Lower Allen Township, PA, two hours prior to the start of the meeting. The meeting will also be livestreamed on the Township’s YouTube channel.
If you are a person with a disability and require an auxiliary aide, service or other accommodation to participate, please contact the Township Manager at (717) 975-7575 to discuss how your needs may be best accommodated.
All residents, taxpayers, and other interested parties are invited to attend.
By Order of Lower Allen Township Ann Moran
Zoning Hearing Board Chairperson