Lower Allen Township
Development Authority Vacancy
Development Authority Mission:
The Lower Allen Township Development Authority was created in 2008 under Act 22 of 2001, the Municipal Authority Act; and in accordance with the Economic Development Financing Law of August 23, 1967 for the purpose of creating and developing business opportunities by the construction, improvement, rehabilitation, and financing of industrial, commercial and research and development enterprises for the public purpose of maintaining a high employment rate, high property values, and a good economic climate.
• The Development Authority meets at 6PM on the third Monday of each month, though it is common for a special meeting to be called at least once a month as well. The meetings typically last about two hours. Packets of information are provided to the Authority the Friday prior to the meeting which contain the agenda, contracts, memos, reports, and offers for the members to review prior to the meeting.
• The appointment will be until December 31, 2024 with reappointment possible to subsequent five (5) year terms. There are no term limits.
The Development Authority operates as an independent body with a five-person board led by a Chairman. The members are appointed by the Lower Allen Township Board of Commissioners. The Development Authority is a component unit of the Township and employs no staff of its own. A staff liaison from the Township (Director of Community and Economic Development) assists the Development Authority with day-to-day tasks and implementing its mission. The Township solicitor also attends the Development Authority meetings and reviews/ prepares contracts.
• Must be a Township resident.
• Must provide a completed state ethics form annually.
• Must uphold the Oath of Office.
Salary: This is a volunteer position.
Preferred Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have professional experience in one or more of the following areas:
-Commercial Banking/Financing/Lending -Property Management
-Engineering -Economic Development
-Commercial Real Estate -MBA/ Business Owner
-Land Development -Urban Planning
-Project Management/ Estimating -Architecture
Interested candidates should submit a resume/and or letter of interest to Township Secretary, Helen R. Grundon firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2021.