10-18-2021 Meeting Minutes
DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING OCTOBER 18, 2021
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Max Stoner, Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
H. Edward Black, Vice Chairman Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
John Eby, Secretary Steven Miner, Solicitor
Salvatore Marone, Treasurer
Max Stoner, Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:00pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
ACTION: APPROVE CHECK REGISTER FROM SEPTEMBER 21 TO OCTOBER 18, 2021 IN THE AMOUNT OF $756,656.63.
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the check register from September 21 to October 18, 2021 in the amount of $756,656.63. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0.
DISCUSSION: LOWER ALLEN COMMONS CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
Mr. Gregory Lamay stated the October Progress on the construction as follows:
- There is a major push to complete the main road and the access road that traverses the site
- Streamline the curbs, getting ready to pour them
- Conduit is under the road base for the site lighting
- Utilities are nearing completion
- Working on water and electric
- Hotel was doing the concrete today; Comcast will come in later to put in conduit for their service to the building
- Water meter was installed and the water lines were installed also
Mr. Black and Mr. O’Shea joined the meeting at this time.
Mr. Lamay continued with his report:
- There are a couple of change orders on the agenda which will take care of the last of the rock excavation
- Advised by the contractor there was a material delay on the store front material that will extend the time, but not necessarily substantial completion. Substantial completion of the building is defined as the point the building can be used for its intended purpose
- Discussed this with the contractor for Trader Joe’s and they understand that materials are delayed and some things may not be complete; however, it is not going to delay them from doing their work
- Anticipate having completion on November 12th and they will be able to do their underground work starting November 1st and they will be able to start pouring their floor slab on November 14th or there-abouts
- On Friday they discovered a small sink hole under the parking lot but it does not impact the building, it is down towards Route 15. It is actually just outside the parking lot and it will prevent them from pouring a small section of curb until they get the remedial testing service to prescribe a fix; York Excavating is on this. What it entails is a small amount of over-excavation to find out what the throat of the sink hole is and then fill that with rock
- Chairman Stoner stated he believes this was from an abandoned storm drain which Mr. Lamay stated they believed this was correct. There is speculation as to what caused it. It is impossible to tell what actually caused this or when. He went on to explain how they plan to repair this.
- There are activities that are scheduled and has always been scheduled as post-scheduled completion; items in addition to store front windows which is now an item that will be delayed; in addition to store front doors that were always scheduled to be done after Trader Joe’s poured their floor slab; that will be done after substantial completion; and the roof itself was a known entity from previous discussions; however, it is not going to be delayed as much as we previously thought since the completion date is now December 16th rather than December 30th so they were able to improve the delivery by a couple of weeks which will reduce the cost.
- This is the permanent roof.
- The road right now is closed and there is signage with temporary diversion off of Lower Allen Drive and Gettysburg Road directing traffic into and out of Bone Fish Grill; the access road adjacent to Burger King will remain closed for the next two weeks until they complete the permanent road.
- Turned over the hotel site and closed off that access road; this was actually done ahead of schedule. Easement was granted October 30h so it was turned over last week. They have coordination meetings periodically with Benchmark, the contractor for the hotel.
- Trone explained they met with Bone Fish Grill on Wednesday and explained to them the traffic pattern and the closures and provided to them the plans and the timelines.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 20, 2021
Mr. BLACK made a motion to approve the minutes of the September 20, 2021. Mr. O’SHEA seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0 with Mr. Marone and Mr. Eby abstaining as they were not able to attend the September meeting.
RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Regular Meeting of the Development Authority recessed into Executive Session to discuss real estate transactions for Lower Allen Commons @ 6:15pm.
RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
The Regular Meeting of the Development Authority reconvened @ 6:41pm.
DISCUSSION & ACTION: APPROVE CHANGE ORDER 001 FOR LOWER ALLEN COMMONS SITE DEVELOPMENT WITH YORK EXCAVATING CO., LLC IN THE AMOUNT OF $120,107.23 FOR ROCK EXCAVATION.
Mrs. Trone explained this change order was missed previously. Mr. EBY made a motion to approve change order 001 for Lower Allen Commons site development with York Excavating Co., LLC in the amount of $120,107.23 for rock excavation. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0.
DISCUSSION & ACTION: APPROVE CHANGE ORDER 004 FOR LOWER ALLEN COMMONS SITE DEVELOPMENT WITH YORK EXCAVATING CO., LLC FOR $213,004.64 FOR ROCK REMOVAL.
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve change order 004 for Lower Allen Commons site development with York Excavating Co., LLC for $213,004.64 for rock removal. Mr. O’SHEA seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0.
DISCUSSION & ACTION: APPROVE CHANGE ORDER 002 FOR LOWER ALLEN COMMONS CONTRACT (MECHANICAL) WITH AMES FOR $1,300.00 TO PROVIDE INSTALLATION FOR THE DOWNSPOUT CAST IRON BOOT.
Mrs. Trone explained this change order and the following change order credit for Wagman. Mr. EBY made a motion to approve change order 002 for Lower Allen Commons contract (mechanical) with Ames for $1,300.00 to provide installation for the downspout cast iron boot. Mr. O’SHEA seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0.
DISCUSSION & ACTION: APPROVE CHANGE ORDER 002 FOR LOWER ALLEN COMMONS CONTRACT (GENERAL TRADES) WITH WAGMAN CONSTRUCTION INC., FOR A CREDIT OF $1,300.00 TO REMOVE THE INSTALLATION OF THE DOWNSPOUT CAST IRON BOOT FROM THEIR SCOPE OF WORK.
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve change order 002 for Lower Allen Commons contract (general trades) with Wagman Construction Inc., for a credit of $1,300.00 to remove the installation of the downspout cast iron boot from their scope of work. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0.
DISCUSSION & ACTION: APPROVE CHANGE ORDER 002 FOR LOWER ALLEN COMMONS CONTRACT (GENERAL TRADES) WITH WAGMAN CONSTRUCTION INC., FOR $1,116.67 INSTALL MOLD-RESISTANT DRYWALL IN TENANT SPACE #1.
Mrs. Trone explained this was a change in the type of drywall. Mr. EBY made a motion to approve change order 003 for Lower Allen Commons contract (general trades) with Wagman Construction Inc., for $1,116.67 to install mold-resistant drywall in tenant space #1. (NOTE: Agenda stated change order 002; should be 003). Mr. BLACK seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0.
DISCUSSION & ACTION: APPROVE CHANGE ORDER 004 FOR LOWER ALLEN COMMONS CONTRACT (ELECTRICAL) WITH LEER FOR $10,116.00 TO PROVIDE TEMPORARY POWER FROM THE EXISTING SWITCH CABINET.
Mrs. Trone explained we need to have power on the site, we still have power from the pump is still there so what they are doing is instead of it flowing one way, we are flowing it the other direction so we have temporary power for the construction crew inside of Unit #3. Mr. Ritchey explained to the Board further. Mr. EBY made a motion to approve change order 004 for Lower Allen Commons contract (electrical) with Leer for $10,116.00 to provide temporary power from the existing switch cabinet. Mr. BLACK seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0.
DISCUSSION: LOWER ALLEN COMMONS CONDO MEETING
Mrs. Trone questioned if this should be part of public discussion. Solicitor Miner stated the only thing that would quality for executive session is if you were actually discussing personnel appointment; if you would know a candidate for this body would be proper for executive session.
Mrs. Trone further explained to the board that on Thursday at 4:30pm there is a Condo Meeting via zoom and she supplied the Board with the agenda for this annual meeting. She explained one of the three members from the Authority that are on this board must resign.
Chairman Stoner stated he would resign from this Association and Mr. Eby would then be put on this Board at that time. The Board also decided they would want the new owner of Bone Fish Grill on this Board at this time. Discussion ensued on various items that will be conducted during the Condo meeting.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Monday November 15, 2021 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0. Meeting adjourned at 7:09pm.