Board of Commissioners
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
May 9, 2022 6:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Villone. Proof of Publication.
2. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes: April 25, 2022 Regular Meeting
4. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
5. PRESIDENT VILLONE
a. Motion to approve Check Register of May 6, 2022 in the amount of $164,265.24.
b. Motion to adopt Resolution 2022-R-22, recognizing the Proclamation of the week containing May 15th, 2022 as National Police Week.
c. Motion to adopt Resolution 2022-R-23, a resolution of the Board of Commissioners of Lower Allen Township, Cumberland County Pennsylvania, Proclaiming May 16-22 Emergency Medical Services Week with the EMS Theme, “EMS: Rising to the Challenge.”
6. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to ten (10) minutes per person.
7. PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
a. Discussion and possible action: Award bid of Packaged Rooftop Unit/Outdoor Air Handling Unit No. 1 and Unit No. 3.
b. Discussion and possible action: Approval to spend $80,000 to make repairs to a 2005 Mack Dump Truck.
c. Discussion and possible action: Approval to purchase a JCB Mini Excavator and enter into a reimbursement agreement with the Lower Allen Township Stormwater Authority for a portion of the purchase cost.
8. COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion and Possible Action: Minor Land Development Plan LD-2022-03 Lower Allen Commons Unit 2
i. Motion to waive ordinance 192-58.E(10) requiring parking lot planting islands be designed to collect stormwater
ii. Motion to waive ordinance 192-59.C (2) requiring that parking spaces adjacent to end islands be an additional 2’wide
iii. Motion to approve LD-2022-03 Lower Allen Commons Unit 2 with the following conditions:
1. DEP approves the planning module/exemption
2. The Authority accepts the sewer design
3. PA American can provide water
4. County Conservation District approves E&S Plan
5. Appropriate improvement guarantee is provided
6. Stormwater design and narrative are provided
9. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. Discussion: Amendment to increase cost and add Body Worn Cameras and Mobile Vehicle Recorder to the Fee Schedule, under Right to Know Request.
a. Cumberland County Transportation Funding Survey.
11. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS