Board of Commissioner
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
June 27, 2022 6:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Villone. Proof of Publication.
2. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes: June 13, 2022 Regular Meeting
4. Presentation: CALEA Accreditation Plaque
5. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
6. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Department Reports for the month of May for Community Development, Fleet Maintenance, Facility Maintenance, Public Works, and Public Safety.
b. Check Register of June 17, 2022 in the amount of $362,776.72.
c. Tax Collectors April 2022 and May 2022 monthly reports.
d. Land Studies, Inc. Invoice #1 in the amount of $12,400.00 for Stormwater BMP Maintenance in accordance with the awarded contract.
7. PRESIDENT VILLONE
a. Motion to adopt Resolution 2022-R-25, hiring Jacqueline M. Wilbern as a Zoning Codes Administrator for the Community and Economic Development Department effective July 11, 2022.
8. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to fifteen (15) minutes per person.
9. COMMUNITY & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion and possible action: SLD-2022-01 Tommy Carwash the Purpose is to combine three lots in the C-2 district to create an automated carwash.
i. Approve Waiver from Section 192-30 which requires a Preliminary Plan Submission
ii. Approve Waiver from Section 192-58. E (10) which requires Parking Lot Planting Islands be Designed to Collect Stormwater
iii. Approve Waiver from Section192-59.C (2) which requires Parking Spaces Adjacent to End Islands shall be an Additional 2’Wide
iv. Approve SLD-2022-01 Tommy Carwash with the following conditions:
1. DEP approves the Sewer Planning Module
2. Cumberland County Conservation District approves the NPDES and Erosion and Sediment Control Plan
3. Township has received the Improvement Guarantee and signed Developers Agreement
4. PennDOT approves the HOP
5. Stormwater report is signed and sealed
6. Update stormwater calculations to reflect complete infiltration testing
7. Provide plan notes and details regarding visual screening where potential future access drive abuts residentials properties, and where headlights from vehicles in the carwash tunnel queue could shine onto adjacent residential properties or into passing traffic on abutting public roads.
a. Discussion and possible action: Waiver of health insurance premium copayments for July-December 2022.
b. Discussion: Enactment of Ordinance 2022-03, amending Chapter 23, Intergovernmental Cooperation, by adding Article XIV, authorization to submit a letter of agency to the PEPPM Cooperative Purchasing consortium.
11. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
12. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Recreation and Park Board Vacancy.