Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks Board Vacancy
We have a vacancy on our Recreation and Parks Board that serves the residents of our Township and our Parks. We are looking for individuals who have ideas to improve our parks and recreational opportunities in the Township. The Rec Board was established under Chapter 47 of the Codified Ordinances of Lower Allen Township. The purpose of the Rec Board is to review and make recommendations to the Board of Commissioners with respect to the following:
- Acquisition, construction, improvement, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and facilities
- Development and reevaluation of the objectives of public recreation services in the Township according to current and future needs, and plans and policies to meet those objectives
- A comprehensive recreation and parks plan to provide an adequate system of recreational facilities
- The introduction of new ideas, programs, policies and procedures for which the Rec Board will serve as a forum for citizen participation
- Review and make recommendations to the Board of Commissioners and Planning Commission with respect to public or private recreation facilities of applicants or developers when so requested by those bodies.
- Any other issue regarding recreation in the Township as may arise from time to time.
Terms of office are five years, staggered so that no more than two seats expire in any one year. Members must be residents of the Township and serve without pay. If you have a couple of hours a month to spare to engage with your fellow residents for the betterment of the community, then please send your resume and cover letter to our Township Secretary Helen Grundon. You may email them to email@example.com or mail them to 2233 Gettysburg Road, Camp Hill, PA 17011. Please mark them to the attention of Helen Grundon, Township Secretary.