Board of Commissioners
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
September 26, 2022 6:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Villone. Proof of Publication.
2. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Presentation: Employee Recognition – Years of Service
4. Presentation: Dave Shiner, Mechanicsburg Area Meals on Wheels
5. Approval of Meeting Minutes: August 22, 2022 Regular Meeting
September 12, 2022 Regular Meeting
6. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Department Reports for the month of August for Community Development, Fleet Maintenance, Facility Maintenance (July and August), Public Works, and Public Safety.
b. Tax collectors July Monthly Report
c. Tax collectors August Monthly Report.
d. Check Register of September 23, 2022 in the amount of $378,582.04.
e. Move Richard A. Dillon, Maintenance Operations Supervisor from Probationary status to regular full-time status effective September 15 2022.
8. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to ten (10) minutes per person.
9. COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion and possible action: Indemnity agreement for Highway Occupancy Permit for Subsurface Stormwater Facilities for Arcona Phase 8.2.
10. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. Discussion and possible action: School Resource Officer Agreement with West Shore School District.
a. Discussion: Act 74 changes to the fireworks statute.
b. Discussion and possible action: Ordering 2023 trucks.
12. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
13. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. 2023 Board & Commission appointments
b. 2023 Solicitor’s fee