Board of Commissioners Agenda
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
February 23, 2015 7:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Black. Proof of Publication.
2. Opening Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Minutes: February 9, 2015
4. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
5. Accept a motion to approve Resolution 2015-R-08 promoting Officer Matthew B. Claeys to the rank of Corporal in the Lower Allen Township Police Department
6. Corporal’s Promotional Ceremony: Officer Matthew B. Claeys
7. BID OPENING: Accessory Storage Building Project
8. PRESENTATION: Donald Zoladkiewicz, Sunoco Logistics Mariner 2 East project.
9. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, Staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Department Reports for the month of January 2015 for Community Development, Township Engineer, Public Works, Fleet Maintenance, Public Safety, and Economic Development.
b. Waiver of the requirement contained in Section 192-24.C to submit a Preliminary Plan for SLD Docket No. 2015-01, 2404 Gettysburg Road Building Expansion.
c. Accepting an easement for future trail construction in lieu of sidewalk construction for SLD Docket No. 2015-01, 2404 Gettysburg Road Building Expansion.
d. SLD Docket No. 2015-01, 2404 Gettysburg Road Building Expansion: Proposed construction of a 42,961 square foot warehouse addition to an existing 124,901 square foot warehouse building, contingent upon the following:
1. Providing the executed Developers Agreement and Financial Security.
2. Providing the executed Stormwater Management Maintenance and Monitoring Agreement.
3. Approval of the Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control Plan by Cumberland County Conservation District.
e. Drainage Plan No. DP 2014-05, Deacon Industrial, 2410 Gettysburg Road.
10. PRESIDENT BLACK
a. Check Register of February 20, 2015 in the amount of $303,599.02.
b. Accept a motion to adopt Resolution 2015-R-04, a Resolution of the Board of Commissioners of Lower Allen Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, pledging support for the police officers of Lower Allen Township and the work they do for the residents of the Township.
c. Accept a motion to adopt Resolution 2015-R-06, a Resolution of the Board of Commissioners of Lower Allen Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, appointing Richard A. Grove as Township Treasurer and repealing the position of Secretary/Treasurer.
d. Accept a motion to adopt Resolution 2015-R-07, a Resolution of the Board of Commissioners of Lower Allen Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, recognizing, commending and honoring Victor R. Cavataio for the attainment of the rank of Eagle Scout.
11. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to 15 minutes per person.
12. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. Motion to accept the resignation of Jay Lalley, Public Safety Officer.
b. Discussion and possible action: Advertising and testing to hire a Public Safety Officer.
13. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion: SLD Docket No. 2015-02: Bethany Village New Auditorium: Removal of a wing from the existing building and proposed construction of a 10,000 square foot auditorium, Bethany Village East Campus, 325 Wesley Drive.
a. 2015 Trick or Treat.
b. Discussion and possible action: Proposed amendment to the Intergovernmental
Cooperation Agreement with West Shore Recreation Commission.
15. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS