DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING MARCH 16, 2015
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Max Stoner, Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
John Eby, Secretary Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
Peddrick Young Steven Miner, Solicitor
H. Edward Black
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Max Stoner, Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:00pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JANUARY 19, 2015
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the January 19, 2015 with a correction under the staff report on Highpoint, first bullet point; “plan divisions” should be “plan revisions”. Mr. YOUNG seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
There were no comments from the public.
DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: LISTING YETTER COURT PROPERTY WITH A REALTOR. Mrs. Trone informed the Board the Township received two calls about possible interest in purchasing the Yetter Court Property. She is inquiring of the Board if they are interested in listing with Campbell Commercial Real Estate or if they would like the staff to move forward with the negotiations, if necessary. It presently is zoned I-1, general industrial.
H. Edward Black joined the meeting at this point.
Discussion ensued. Per the direction of this Board, the staff will continue to field inquiries and not list with a realtor at this time; if there is a serious interest by one of the parties, the staff will then take care of the negotiations and the solicitor will handle the closing.
Mrs. Trone informed all the financial statement forms are due 5/1/15.
• Highpoint – we keep getting applications for permits and processing them; they keep building buildings; they are nearing their limit of forty (40) residential dwelling units that they may occupy without any further revision to the memorandum of understanding with the Township. The commercial space is a non-problem because they have X-thousand square feet that are in that agreement and they are not building more than what they intended so their staff is aware they need to get with Penn Dot. The two buildings are under construction that are the mixed use buildings that have commercial space on the ground level, front; ground level, rear is the entry to the top two floors which are condo dwelling units. There is now UGI natural gas in Highpoint.
• Brooks Edge – they continue to build the apartment buildings and the multi-use building at the entrance is just about completed which will be rentals, internal community use and some maintenance storage. There is one (1) additional building in permit review.
• Goodwill Industries – nothing new on this per Mr. Eby.
• Hawley LLC – they are in the building and in the process to do alterations. There is a plan going thru the public process to add a little over 40,000 square feet to the rear of that building.
• Deacon Industrial Supply Co – the staff has straightened out some code enforcement problems with them and they are proceeding under permits. They are occupying the area and they have developed their storage yard in the back with the fence around it. They are moving along to legitimate occupancy.
• Gettysburg Road TDD – Per Mrs. Trone, Lower Allen Township has sent out our bills and Upper Allen Township had started to collect last year. We have been assigned a Penn Dot project manager who has done a field visit mid-December. They are still conducting sound testing.
• Field & Stream – has not started construction as of now; however, the demolition of Toys“R”Us has been completed.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Monday, April 20, 2015 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. YOUNG seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:37pm.