Board Of Commissioners
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
July 13, 2015 7:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Black. Proof of Publication.
2. Opening Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Minutes: June 8, 2015
4. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, Staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Department Reports for the month of April for Assistant Manager, Fleet Maintenance, Public Safety, and Public Works.
b. Tax Collector’s Monthly Report for May, 2015
c. Resolution 2015-R-18 Motion to appointing Laura M. Castle as a Police Officer, effective July 13, 2015 at a starting hourly wage of $22.4533.
d. Resolution 2015-R-19 Motion to appointing Torrie M. Shiley as a Police Officer, effective July 13, 2015 at a starting hourly wage of $22.4533.
6. PRESIDENT BLACK
a. Motion to approve awarding a contract to BMW Fences and Decks in the amount of $4,850.00 for the Wass Park Backstop and Fence Project.
b. Motion to approve awarding a contract to Paramount Fence LLC in the amount of $4,900.00 for the Highland Park Playground Perimeter Fence Project.
c. Motion to approve awarding a contract to Raul Godinez-Navarro Roofing in the amount of $2,340.00 for the Highland Park Playground Pavilion Roof Project.
d. Motion to approve Request No. 2 for Improvement Security Reduction for SLD Docket No. 2014-01, Final Subdivision and Land Development Plan for Highpoint, Phases 1.1, 1.2 and 1.4., establishing a new amount of $2,135,387.00 and a new expiration date of July 13, 2016.
e. Motion to approve Request No. 1 for Improvement Security Reduction for SLD Docket No. 2014-06, Bridge Street Parking, LP, establishing a new amount of $8,321.17 and a new expiration date of July 13, 2016.
f. Check Register of 6/12/15, in the amount of $300,595.92.
g. Check Register of 6/26/15, in the amount of $289,420.42 a voided check and
replacement check on 6/29/15 for $50.00.
h. Check Register of 7/10/15, in the amount of $247,006.87.
7. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to 15 minutes per person.
8. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. Discussion and possible action:
1. Probationary Period for Public Safety Services Specialist David A. Ickler
2. Probationary Period for EMT-II Ashley Krajcsik
9. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion and possible action:
1. Approval of revised Improvement Security for SLD Docket No. 2007-12, Preliminary/Final Land Development Plan for Linlo Properties, establishing a new amount of $135, 512.83 and a new expiration date of July 13, 2016; and authorizing Staff to act on the existing Improvement Security if the additional amount is not received or the work is not completed by the current expiration date of July 17, 2015.
2. Approval of revised Improvement Security for SLD Docket No. 2003-06, Final Subdivision Plan for Manor at Fair Oaks, Phase 2, Lots 6 & 27, establishing a new amount of $5,335.95, accepting a cash escrow in place of a letter of credit, and establishing a new expiration date of July 13, 2016.
b. Discussion and possible action: Substituting cash escrow for a bond as required financial security to guarantee operation and maintenance of a small flow sewage treatment facility being installed at 1852 Sheepford Road in accordance with PA DEP planning module and permit approval, and in accordance with terms of a recorded Installation and Maintenance agreement between Lower Allen Township and the property owner, CPR Property Rescue LLC.
c. Discussion and possible action: Adjudication for Zoning Ordinance 2015-01.
a. Memorandum of Understanding with Fairview Twp for sanitary sewer services
b. Changes to Civil Service Rules & Regulations
c. Utility Service Line repair program
11. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
12. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
a. Public Safety Director and Police Captain Positions.