DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING JUNE 15, 2015
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
John Eby, Secretary Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
Salvatore F. Marone, Treasurer
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:06pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MAY 18, 2015
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the May 18, 2015. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
There were no comments from the public.
Mary Kuna, the Market Development Manager for the Cumberland Area Economic Development Corporation explained to the Board the various services they perform including destination marketing, funding solutions and business and government advocacy. This would include assistance in grant writing and help with financing for both governments and businesses in Cumberland County. Ms. Kuna presented packets to the Board and offered her assistance for any of the Township’s projects. Discussion ensued.
Approval of Lower Allen Township Development Authority Representation Letter for Township Audit.
Mrs. Trone explained to the board this is the letter for the audit for the financial review which is completed every year. Mr. MARONE made a motion for the Board to authorize and sign this letter. Mr. EBY seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
STAFF UPDATE PER MR. EBY:
• Yetter Court – the only thing new since the last update is the approval of the minor subdivision plan for the adjacent Sultzbaugh’s farm roughly dividing it into two relatively equal parcels. As was noted in the minutes from last month that might be subject of development on the tract adjacent to St. John’s Road which may impact interest in the Yetter Court Property.
• Arcona – the traditional neighborhood development text revisions for the zoning ordinance are scheduled for review and recommendation tomorrow evening by the Planning Commission. This will include setbacks of buildings along alleys, signs and in addition administrative and enforcement provisions that were not cross-referenced adequately in the prior revisions. This is up for recommendation to go to public hearing on July 13th. Another issue is that the revised overall master plan was submitted and staff review is pending. The staff is preparing the review for the July 21st Planning Commission meeting and that will be followed by submittal of revised plans for an existing phase plus a new plan for the core neighborhood across from where they are currently developing which is North of Arcona Road. As Mr. Black stated last meeting, the Board of Commissioners would not be receptive to amending the MOU (memorandum of understanding) until the overall master plan was submitted and reviewed so that is in process.
• Brooks Edge – nothing new.
• Field & Stream – staff is getting ready to review the sign permit application and the August opening is still on target. (Note: meeting minutes in May stated an October opening which was misstated.)
• Executive Park West – this is the four (4) story office building in the complex of office buildings off Gettysburg Road near Rossmoyne Road/Wesley Drive. Staff is currently starting plan review for the construction code compliance for that building.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Monday, July 20, 2015 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:23pm.