DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING JULY 20, 2015
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Max Stoner, Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
John Eby, Secretary
Salvatore F. Marone, Treasurer
H. Edward Black
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
There was no public in attendance
Max Stoner, Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:04pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JUNE 15, 2015
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the June 15, 2015 meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
There were no comments from the public.
ACTION: APPROVAL OF LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY 2014 FEDERAL 990 FORM
Mrs. Trone explained and had forwarded a copy to the Board of the 990 Form for reporting to the IRS which is due August 16th, 2015. She also explained at this time, in years past there has been an audit completed which is an added expense; however, she is confident since each year is the same as far as this form and there has not been any sale of property or other unusual income or expenses, the audit would not be necessary for 2014. The Board agreed there was no need for an audit. Mr. YOUNG made a motion for the Board to authorize and sign the 2014 990 as submitted. Mr. EBY seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
• Yetter Court – Mrs. Trone informed the Board that Triple Crown Corporation has expressed an interest in this property and she is asking for direction on moving forward. They are inquiring if there is a price we are asking. She stated several years ago, around 2010, it was appraised at $445,000. As discussed previously, this property consists of seven (7) acres and is zoned industrial; however, the planned use is residential. Mr. Black suggests responding to Triple Crown Corporation with the appraised price of $445,000 and if they wish to come back with an offer, go from there. Note: when this property is sold, 25% of the sale will go back to the Township as agreed.
The following Staff Updates per Mr. Eby:
• Arcona – there was a public hearing 7/13 when the Board of Commissioners authorized the solicitor to prepare an adjudication in the affirmative which would be a prerequisite to approving the ordinance; the ordinance simply tightens up some regulations and makes a few changes that will facilitate developer design. Highpoint is moving along with buildings; staff just approved another building today. The Planning Commission tomorrow will be reviewing five (5) more plans and a revised overall master plan; a 2nd revision to Phase 1.4 of the Highpoint Development, a 1st revision to Phase 1.5 of the Highpoint Development, a preliminary plan for Phase 2 of the Core Neighborhood and two preliminary plans for phases in the Core Neighborhood. There are extensive staff comments so John perceives some tabling of action; however, we now have a revised overall master plan which is something that we needed to receive in conjunction with other issues going on with Arcona. Dan Flint indicated that the Penn Dot occupancy permit for the road improvements at Arcona and Lisburn Road are very close to being released. This will be for temporary improvements – they are further behind with the round-about at this location. Mr. Black stated the Board of Commissioners have informed them they must adhere to the overall master plan and if they want to change it, they must come back and ask to do that. Discussion ensued.
• Brooks Edge – there is nothing new; they are working on second and third buildings and now have the occupancy permit for the multi-purpose building.
• Field & Stream – Staff hopes to have the sign permit completed by the end of this week. They are beginning on the interior; therefore should be open by the end of August.
• Executive Park West – just about wrapped up for staff to issue the permit.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Monday, August 17, 2015 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:27pm.