DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING OCTOBER 19, 2015
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Max Stoner, Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
John Eby, Secretary Steven Miner, Solicitor
Salvatore F. Marone, Treasurer
H. Edward Black
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Roger Meilton, 1425 Brandton Road
Max Stoner, Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:04pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 21, 2015
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the September 21, 2015 meeting. Mr. YOUNG seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
There were no comments from the public.
ACTION: LISTING EXTENTION FOR CAMPBELL REALTY
Mrs. Trone explained to the Board, the listing with Campbell Realty needs extended for the 1993 Hummel Avenue Property for a period of nine months, which takes the agreement to the end of June. Mrs. Trone explained the recommendations that Mr. Campbell is making to the Authority for this property to make it more attractive to buyers. Discussion ensued.
Mr. EBY made a motion for the Board to extend the listing contract for Campbell Realty for the 1993 Hummel Avenue Property for a period of nine (9) months; however, if no movement, the Authority may move forward to look at other realtors. (Note: This motion does not include moving forward with any of the recommendations of Mr. Campbell; see below). Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
Discussion ensued and some action taken on the recommendations by Mr. Campbell:
1) The Authority will not entertain lowering the purchase price at this time.
2) Mr. EBY made a motion to authorize Mrs. Trone to research and report to the Board next month with respective budget to replace toilets and ceiling tiles. This will allow the Board to decide if they want to do one or both. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
3) Mr. EBY made a motion to authorize Mrs. Trone to review the potential of pursuing leasing the space under the 581 viaduct. Mr. EBY then amended his motion to include having Mrs. Trone research what the potential cost would be for the Township to do this project rather than leasing the land for a third party to do so. Mr. YOUNG seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: SALES AGREEMENT OF $500,000 FROM CHENNA R. CHAKKA FOR 1993 HUMMEL AVENUE PROPERTY
Mrs. Trone explained to the Board the oral counter-offer from Chenna R. Chakka for purchase of the 1993 Hummel Avenue Property was $525,000. Discussion ensued. No action needed.
• 1993 Hummel Avenue – Mrs. Trone supplied an update to the Board on the boiler which needs repaired.
• Gettysburg Road TDD – Mrs. Trone explained there was a meeting two weeks ago with Penn Dot and the project is continuing to move along. Since there must be a sound study completed, this was approved at last board meeting.
• Arcona – John Eby – Phase 1.5 amended plan is going thru the Planning Commission currently. Regarding the OMP; there was a meeting with both staffs and they are doing significant work on the recreation component; however, it probably will not be ready for next month’s meeting with the Commissioners. At the last Commissioner’s meeting, they accepted time extensions on all the other plans without action; Phase II preliminary and Phase II final including all sub-sections of Phase II. At this time, nothing else is ready to go to the Commissioners for action.
• Brooks Edge – John Eby – nothing new to report.
• Field and Stream – John Eby – store is now open.
• Executive Park West – John Eby – site work is under way.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Monday, November 16, 2015 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:35pm.