Board of Commissioners
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
December 28, 2015 2015 7:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Black. Proof of Publication.
2. Opening Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Minutes: December 14, 2015 Public Hearing
December 14, 2015 Regular Meeting
4. Resolution 2015-R-34, Commissioner Lloyd W. Bucher
Resolution 2015-R-35, Commissioner John T. Titzel
5. Meeting Recess
6. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, Staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Department Reports for the month of November for Community Development, Township Engineer, Public Works, Fleet Maintenance, Public Safety, and Economic Development.
b. Tax Collector’s Monthly Report for November, 2015
c. Resolution 2015-R-36, 2015 Fee Schedule
d. Resolution 2015-R-37, Treasurer’s Bond.
e. Resolution 2015-R-38, Police Chief Frank Williamson, Jr.
f. Approve Letter of Agreement with Frank E. Williamson Jr. to continue as Public Safety Director for a period of 90 days, unless extended by agreement of both parties, effective January 1, 2016.
g. Reduction of Security Improvement for SLD Docket No. 2013-07, Brooks Edge, establishing a new security amount of $3,829.10 and a new expiration date of December 28, 2016.
h. Resolution 2015-R-40 hiring Public Safety Officer Keegan J. Toot.
8. PRESIDENT BLACK
a. Check Register of December 25, 2015 in the amount of $273,636.81.
b. Motion to enact Ordinance 2015-06, an Ordinance of the Board of Commissioners of Lower Allen Township, Cumberland County, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, appropriating specific sums estimated to be required for the specific purposes of the municipal government, hereinafter set forth, during the fiscal year 2016.
c. Motion to enact Ordinance 2015-08, an Ordinance of the Board of Commissioners of Lower Allen Township, Cumberland County, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, fixing the tax rates for the year 2016.
d. Motion to enact Ordinance 2015-09, an Ordinance of the Board of Commissioners of Lower Allen Township, Cumberland County, and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, amending, modifying and changing the code of the Township of Lower Allen, 1997, by adding a parking prohibition at Section 209-63.
e. Motion to adopt Resolution 2015-R-39, 2014 Budget Adjustment.
f. Motion to move Kenneth Stirling from probationary to regular full-time employment status in the position of Police Officer.
9. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to 15 minutes per person.
10. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion and Possible Action: Approving SLD Docket No. 2015-08: Final Subdivision and Land Development Plan for Highpoint, Phase 1.5, contingent upon the following:
1. Approval by the Cumberland County Conservation District.
2. Providing an executed Developers Agreement and related Improvement Security.
3. Providing an executed SWM Maintenance and Monitoring Agreement.
b. Discussion and Possible Action: Approving SLD Docket No. 2015-10: Final Subdivision and Land Development Plan for Arcona, Phases 2.1 and 2.2, contingent upon the following:
1. Providing documentation that permission has been granted for the proposed work within easements from: SPLP; SPREA; PPL; Keystone Pipeline; and Columbia Gas Pipeline.
2. Providing a copy of the recorded declaration that addresses the required percentage of single family detached residential units.
3. Obtaining a PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit for the Strong Road connection to Rossmoyne Road, in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding.
4. Providing the Recreation Budget for Phase 2A.
5. Providing fire hydrants in locations approved by Lower Allen Fire Co.
6. Approval by the Cumberland County Conservation District.
7. Providing an executed Developers Agreement and related Improvement Security.
8. Providing an executed SWM Maintenance and Monitoring Agreement
9. Approval from Norfolk Southern for stormwater discharge.
c. Discussion: Appointment of a consulting engineer.
a. Employees Years of Service and Performance Award Nominations.
12. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
13. Executive Session
a. Appointment of a police officer to lead the police department following the retirement of Chief Williamson, to be effective January 1, 2016.