Board of Commissioners
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
January 25, 2016 7:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Black. Proof of Publication.
2. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes: January 11, 2016
4. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, Staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Department Reports for the month of November for Community Development, Township Engineer, Public Works, Fleet Maintenance, Public Safety, and Assistant Managers.
b. Tax Collector’s Monthly Reports for December, 2015, year end of 2015, and January 2016.
a. Check Register of January 22, 2016 in the amount of $122,835.17.
b. Motion to adopt Amended Resolution 2015-R-26, Transfer of Restaurant Liquor License, to include the address of the current licensee.
7. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to fifteen (15) minutes per person.
8. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. County Portable radio replacements
b. Police Capital Expenditures
1) Light bar replacements
2) Replacement vehicles
c. EMS Capital Expenditures
1) 800 Radio for new ambulance
2) Firecom system for new ambulance
3) Patient Stretcher for new ambulance.
d. Civil Service Commission
2) 2015 Yearend Report
3) Suggested wording changes Civil Service Rules and Regulations separating promotion requirements and testing requirements for the position of Captain from other promotional ranks.
9. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion: SLD Docket No. 2015-13, Land Development Plan for Stone Gate Village (formerly known as St. Johns Towns): Proposed construction of 88 single-family attached (townhouse) units, a clubhouse, pool and tot lot, on 7.821 acres at the northeast corner of St. Johns Road and Lisburn Road.
b. Discussion and Possible Action: Authorizing purchase of a John Deere Hydro Rake (infield machine) through COSTARS, at a cost of $15,384.00.
c. Discussion and Possible Action: Authorizing advertising and bidding of the 2016 Street Resurfacing Maintenance Project. Streets in the project: Louise Drive, Ritter Road, Brandton Road, Indian Lane.
d. Discussion: FEMA Flood Risk Study.
a. Resignation of Patricia Hall from the Planning Commission
b. Discussion: Renewal of PLCB Exemption for noise enforcement.
11. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
12. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Planning Commission Appointment