Board of Commissioners Agenda – February 22, 2016
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
February 22, 2016 7:00 PM
1. Call to Order by Vice President Young. Proof of Publication.
2. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes: February 8, 2016
4. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Department Reports for the month of January for Township Engineer, Public Works, Fleet Maintenance, Public Safety, and Assistant Manager.
b. Purchase of two (2) M7200 VTAC and two (2) XG75 mobile radios from Harris Corporation for the Police Department.
c. Purchase of a John Deere X754 mowing tractor from Smith Implements off COSTARS for the amount of $11,185.83
d. Approval of Drainage Plan No. DP 2016-01 for Cedar Cliff High School Stadium Turf Improvements.
6. VICE PRESIDENT
a. Check Register of 2/19/2016 in the amount of $332,196.55.
b. Accept a motion to approve Cpl. Matthew Claeys to regular full-time status at the rank of Corporal, as he has successfully completed his 12 month probationary period.
7. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to fifteen (15) minutes per person.
8. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. Discussion and Possible Action to replace Car #2 that was damaged in an accident
b. Action: Approve, disapprove or table- Suggested wording changes to the Civil Service Rules and Regulations separating promotion requirements and testing requirements for the position of Captain from other promotional ranks.
9. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion and Possible Action: SLD Docket No. 2015-13: Land Development Plan for Stone Gate Village (formerly known as St. Johns Towns): Proposed construction of 88 single-family attached (townhouse) units, a clubhouse and pool, on 7.821 acres at the northeast corner of St. Johns Road and Lisburn Road.
1. Waiver of the requirement contained in Section 192-24.C to submit a Preliminary Plan for SLD Docket No. 2015-13, Land Development Plan for Stone Gate Village.
2. Modification of the requirement in Section 184-13.A regarding infiltration of the 2-year storm event volume, to substitute water quality BMPs in lieu of a portion of the infiltration volume, for SLD Docket No. 2015-13, Final Land Development Plan for Stone Gate Village.
3. Modification of the requirement in Section 192-60.I to provide the Fee in Lieu of Recreation Land prior to recording of the plan, to allow fees to be paid at the time that building permits are issued.
4. Modification to the requirements in Section 192-57.C(8), to allow construction of curb for a portion of the St. Johns Road frontage as shown on the plan, and providing a fee in lieu of curb for the remaining frontage.
5. Modification to the requirements in Section 192-57.C(9), to allow construction of a bituminous trail in lieu of sidewalk along the Lisburn Road frontage.
6. Modification to the requirements in Section 192-57.C(9), allow providing a fee in lieu of sidewalk construction for the St. Johns Road frontage.
These waivers and modifications are not contrary to the public interest, and they maintain the purpose and intent of the Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance.
7. Approval of SLD Docket No. 2015-13, Final Land Development Plan for Stone Gate Village, contingent upon the following:
i. Providing and executed Developers Agreement and Improvement Security.
ii. Obtaining a PennDOT Highway Occupancy Permit.
iii. Lower Allen Township Authority approval.
iv. Lower Allen Township Development Authority approval for stormwater discharge onto adjacent property.
v. Cumberland County Conservation District approval.
vi. Providing an executed Standard Stormwater Facility and BMP Maintenance and Monitoring Agreement.
b. Discussion: SLD Docket No. 2016-01: Land Development Plan for Weis Market Store No. 125, Gas and Go: Proposed construction of fuel service facilities and canopy with a 6-pump capacity, and associated kiosk, at the existing retail store at 1195 Lowther Road.
c. Discussion and Possible Action: Authorizing purchase of a new Coneqtec 24-inch Universal Cold Planer attachment from Groff Tractor at a cost of $14,700.00.
d. Discussion and Possible Action: Re-approval of SLD Docket No. 2015-10, Final Subdivision and Lane Development Plan for Arcona, Phases 2.1 and 2.2, with modifications to the conditions of approval.
e. Update on Yellow Breeches Resource Management Steering Committee.
10. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
11. Executive Session
• Offer of employment to Public Safety Director candidate.