Nestled on 110 acres of rolling land, Lower Allen Community Park (LACP) is in the southern part of the Township at 4075 Lisburn Road. It is an ideal location for retreats or meetings, weddings, parties, picnics, family reunions, athletic games and tournaments, special events, or just to simply enjoy family or some quiet time alone. In 2008, Capital Blue Cross and Central Penn Parent Magazine readers awarded LACP as the Second Best Park/Playground.
The park offers pavilions, play areas, camp sites and numerous athletic fields for rent. To rent a facility please complete the Facility Rental Forms or call Nathaniel Sterling at 975-7575 ext. 1208 or email at email@example.com. For directions to the park please click here.
Activities at the LACP include: basketball, softball, tennis, volleyball, horse shoe pitching, fishing in Yellow Breeches Creek, bass pond fishing (for children 12 and under), bike riding, play areas, Field of Dreams (Fun Fort) Playground, golf driving range, nature trail, and a wildlife and bird watching area. In addition, cross country skiing and sledding are poplular activities during the winter months. LACP is also home to the “Doggie Dugout”, a park for dogs to run and play off-leash.
- FISHING: The Yellow Breeches Creek flows through the park and is a great spot to catch trout. A “catch and release” pond (for children 12 and under) is also located near the Barn and is open for fishing from Spring to late Fall. A non-motorized boat launch located near the camping area and creek soccer fields offers easy access to the Yellow Breeches Creek.
- THE FUN FORT: The Fun Fort, aka The Field of Dreams
- Playground provides a safe and social environment for families and children of all ages and physical capabilities to climb, slide and crawl their way through a unique playground. Picnic tables and plenty of shade make this a great place to relax while the children play in this ADA accessible “fortress” located in the center of the park. A wooden picket fence surrounds the Fun Fort. Pickets are available for purchase at $25 per picket. Families and businesses are welcome to have their names engraved into the pickets with a maximum of 20 spaces. Click here to fill out an application.
- GEORGE & RITA GARSTAD NATURE TRAIL: This nature trail is approximately one mile in length, with numbered posts which match up with numbers in the guide to provide information regarding each station along the trail. Take time to stop, read and observe each station, and you will be introduced to the natural beauty, wonder and diversity in this small corner of Lower Allen Township.
- DOGGIE DUGOUT – DOG PARK:
- Originally built at the Beacon Hill neighborhood park, the dog park was an instant success and required a larger, more suitable location. On November 24, 2003, the Board of Commissioners agreed to relocate the Dog Park to LACP. With support from Rep. Jerry Nailor and through a grant awarded by the Department of Community and Economic Development, the Doggie Dugout – Dog Park was constructed. The relocation resulted in a larger dog park, with separate play areas for small dogs and large dogs. A large enclosed area of chain link fencing (totaling 1,200-feet and 5-feet high) allows dogs to run and play off-leash. Double gates serve as a “holding area” while entering and exiting the dog park. The dog park is free to the public and available during regular park hours. Water fountains are available for drinking, as well as, bags and receptacles for clean-up after your dog. Please note: Prior to using the Dog Park, dog owners/handlers need to complete the Lower Allen Community Park – Dog Park Rules and Dog Park Registration Form.
FACILITIES (Available by reservation only, Click below on each named facility to view details.)
Pay for your facility rental on-line. Click here – allpaid to get started (3% convenience fee, minimum fee of $3.00 per transaction, from allpaid will be applied.) Your rental must have already been approved before you can make any payment towards you facility rental. If you already have your paperwork complete please include payment with any and all paperwork when sending it to Nathaniel Sterling. Please contact Nathaniel Sterling at 717-975-7575 ext 1208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If planning a Tournament is in your future, we welcome you to check out the athletic fields. Lower Allen Township Parks crew takes great pride in maintaining and grooming 6 soccer fields, 3 softball fields and 3 sand volleyball courts.
The Camping area is located on the banks of the Yellow Breeches Creek and is perfect for anyone who likes to get back to nature. These “primitive” camp sites are available for tent camping. A nature trail, which winds its way through park pointing out native flowers and foliage, sets the backdrop for your camping getaway.