DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING JUNE 17, 2019
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Max Stoner, Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
John Eby, Secretary Steven Miner, Solicitor
Salvatore F. Marone, Treasurer
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Tom Ritchey, Third Mountain Partners, LLC
Art Campbell of Campbell Commercial Real Estate, Inc.
Max Stoner, Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:00pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
PUBLIC COMMENT: NONE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MAY 20, 2019
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the May 20, 2019 meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0. Mr. Young abstained since he was not present at this meeting.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE EXTRA MAY 30, 2019 MEETING
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the May 30, 2019 meeting. Mr. YOUNG seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0.
Mr. Black entered the meeting.
DISCUSSION: USING BROWN SCHULTZ SHERIDAN & FRITZ FOR 990 AND IDA FILINGS
Mrs. Trone explained that to prepare these reports she needs Mr. Grove’s assistance. He has a lot going on now and would prefer not having to do this since it is time-consuming.
Mr. MARONE made a motion to engage Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz to prepare the 990 and IDA filings for 2018. Mr. BLACK seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0.
DISCUSSION: CAPITAL AREA TRANSIT STOP
Mrs. Trone explained this letter was sent from a resident. She also explained there is a current CAT bus stop here; however, per Solicitor Miner none of the documents we received included a Park & Ride as stated in the letter. Discussion ensued. The Board requests Mrs. Trone to draft a letter replying to Ms. Catherine Port thanking for her interest and explaining we would like to continue the bus stop; however we have no ability to commit to any Park & Ride based on the new development.
DISCUSSION: GRAVITY SEWER LINE DEPTH
Mrs. Trone stated there is a proposal from USG to do vacuum excavation to test where the lines are on Gettysburg Road. Mrs. Trone explained if we want to put this deeper, we wouldn’t have to do this at all. Discussion ensued on grinder pumps versus gravity sewer and one of the potential tenants, etc. Mr. Ritchey explained this was premature to sign this proposal and have it done. Since there are too many unknowns at this time, the Board made the decision to table this.
STAFF- PROJECT UPDATE
Mrs. Trone discussed the following:
- Abatement – this is largely done; they need to remove dumpster and send final report.
- Demolition – working on paperwork to bring them on board including general application permit to work on the demolition. She is going to Cumberland County on Thursday to discuss the assessment for the year taking all of the necessary paperwork and photos, etc. showing the demolition has begun. There was one change order because of the electricity being pushed back because of PPL time line; will probably be done now at the end of February.
- Lighting Separation – There was a change order that actually reduced the price. They are ready to get started, but waiting for PPL so will be the end of August.
- Finance – paid our first interest payment to Farmers and Merchants Trust Company for $129,000. We have received one payment from Burger King for June. They paid in February, nothing in March, April or May. Mrs. Trone stated she had a meeting with PMI and discussed this issue; therefore, they will be taking care of this now.
- Traffic Study – Mrs. Trone explained on Friday she heard back from Penn Dot and the answer for us to be able to purchase their excess land was Maybe and Probably. They will get back to her this week or next week.
- John asked if there was anything she needs from the board for PMI transition. She answered nothing right now.
- Department of public safety was very pleased that they were able to use the buildings and passed on their gratitude.
- Discussion about tractor trailer which is parking there presently.
- Miner reminded the Board he would like comments on the by-laws changes.
RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Regular Meeting of the Development Authority recessed into Executive Session to discuss real estate transactions @ 6:50pm.
RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
The Regular Meeting of the Development Authority reconvened @ 7:56pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to authorize signature on contract of sale regarding the hotel parcel site on the Bon Ton property contingent upon the buyer first sign the agreement. Mr. BLACK seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Thursday, July 15, 2019 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 5-0. Meeting adjourned at 8:00pm.