The Township has projects planned for the Spring and Summer. Some of the projects will involve outside companies performing the work. Many of the projects below are being completed by the Township’s Public Works Staff. This page is dedicated to informing residents of road projects and construction in the Township. Land Development Plans can be found by clicking here.
GETTYSBURG ROAD REALIGNMENT PROJECT:
- A project is currently in the design phase to realign a portion of Gettysburg Road in Lower Allen Township. The roadway realignment will begin near the intersection of Gettysburg Road with Audubon Road, and continue in a northerly direction to intersect Wesley Drive at the existing intersection with Century Drive. The western approach of the intersection of Gettysburg Road with Wesley Drive will be removed. A new drainage channel will be constructed. Modifications will be made to two existing signalized intersection on Wesley Drive: at Gettysburg Road, and at Century Drive.
- This project is being constructed jointly by Lower Allen and Upper Allen Townships.
- Click Here to View the Full Project Plans Display
- Click Here to View the Aerial Photo of the Project
LISBURN ROAD ROUNDABOUTS
Construction of two roundabouts is planned on Lisburn Road: one at Rossmoyne Road, the second at Arcona Road. Lisburn Road traffic will be detoured for several weeks during the construction. Updates will be posted on the Township website and Facebook page when the time of construction is closer.
PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS PLANNED 2019 Construction Season:
Street and Drainage Projects
- Street resurfacing in the Fair Oaks neighborhood:
- Colonial Drive
- Woodbox Lane
- Kylock Road
- Firethorn Lane
- Drainage work: 1700 block of Cedar Cliff Drive
1600 block Sheepford Road
- Pedestrian safety improvements: Cedar Cliff Drive
- Reconstruction of the Fun Fort at Lower Allen Community Park
- Improvements to trail pavement, Allendale – Beacon Hill Trail.
- Drainage improvement: Creekwood Park in Allendale