The Township has projects planned for the Spring and Summer. Some of the projects will involve outside companies performing the work. Many of the projects below are being completed by the Township’s Public Works Staff. This page is dedicated to informing residents of road projects and construction in the Township. Land Development Plans can be found by clicking here.
GETTYSBURG ROAD REALIGNMENT PROJECT:
Construction of a realigned portion of Gettysburg Road between the Gettysburg Road/Audobon Road intersection and the Wesley Drive/Century Drive intersection is ongoing. The western approach of the Gettysburg Road/Wesley Drive intersection will be removed, and a new stormwater management basin and drainage channel will be constructed. Construction for this project began in 2020 and is scheduled to finish in 2021.
Slate Hill Road Bridge Rehabilitation Project:
The rehabilitation of the bridge carrying Slate Hill Road over the Yellow Breeches Creek is currently underway. York County is the lead for this project. The bridge is currently closed to traffic and will undergo extensive renovations and restoration beginning in May 2021 until late December 2021.
Creek Road Bridge Replacement Project:
Replacement of the bridge carrying Creek Road (SR 2033) over Cedar Run is scheduled to begin later this year (2021). PennDOT District 8-0 is the lead for this project. Traffic will be detoured during construction.
PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS PLANNED 2021 Construction Season:
• Miscellaneous Pavement Patching and Crack Sealing – Although the next street resurfacing project is scheduled for 2022, pavement patching and crack sealing will be performed throughout the Township based on pavement inspections conducted in 2021.
• Miscellaneous Drainage Work – Storm sewers in multiple locations throughout the Township are scheduled to be inspected and cleaned. Video inspection of the existing storm sewers will allow staff to evaluate current conditions and plan future drainage projects.
• Fun Fort Reconstruction Project – Reconstruction of the Fun Fort at the Lower Allen Community Park is currently underway. The Fun Fort will be closed and unavailable for use during construction. The project is scheduled for completion by June 30, 2021.
• Concession Stand Deck Reconstruction – Reconstruction of the concession stand deck at the Lower Allen Community Park is scheduled for 2021.
• Pavilion Roof Replacement at Peters Field Park – The pavilion roof at Peters Field Park is scheduled to be replaced in 2021. The roof will be replaced with corrugated metal to increase the lifespan of the roof from 20 years to 50 years.
• Pickleball Court Construction at Wass Park – Four (4) pickleball courts were recently constructed at Wass Park early this year (2021) and are currently open for use.