Providing 24/7 Basic Life Support Coverage to the Citizens and Visitors of Lower Allen Township.
Lower Allen Township and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) are committed to continue to provide the highest level of basic life support to our Community, to develop a staff that is dedicated and demonstrates the highest public ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships to merit the respect, trust and confidence of the citizens and the Commissioners of the Township.
Lower Allen Township EMS:
- Is supplemented by the Advanced Life Support (ALS) units of Community Life Team EMS a division of Pinnacle Health System.
- Continues to implement incentive programs to attract and maintain a select core of Full and Part-time EMS Providers. A periodic review of our Standard Operating Procedures is done to ensure that all of our EMT’s are performing in the same professional manner and care complying with current state and federal rules and regulations.
- Continues to develop additional programs that will provide an opportunity for our citizens to be educated in accident and injury prevention, and lifesaving techniques.
- Strives to maintain the respect of other EMS providers and to be recognized as the best in the area, including developing relationships with neighboring EMS companies to explore methods of utilizing services that would be mutually beneficial.
- Continues to provide monthly in-house training for our personnel to raise their skill levels in patient care procedures, management techniques, safe driving techniques, contamination prevention, record keeping, and professional appearance and attitude.
Lower Allen Township EMS Staff can provide basic Emergency Care and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training for family, friends and co-workers for a minimal cost.
CPR performed properly and promptly can help victims survive to receive treatment with advanced medical techniques. Students will be taught a basic knowledge of:
- Normal heart and lung anatomy and function
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Risk factors for heart attacks
- Stroke warning signs and risk factors.
- One Rescuer CPR: Adult, Child and Infant
- Airway Obstructions (choking): Adult, Child and Infant.
Training sessions can be conducted at your business or at the EMS Station. For more information, phone Director Holl (717) 975-7575, ext. 1601.