DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING JULY 15, 2019
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Max Stoner, Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
John Eby, Secretary Steven Miner, Solicitor
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Tom Ritchey, Third Mountain Partners, LLC
Art Campbell of Campbell Commercial Real Estate, Inc.
Jeff Logan, 3212 Emerson Way (Arcona), Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Max Stoner, Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:03pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
Salvatore F. Marone absent with excuse.
Mr. Logan explained to the Board he was attending the meeting since he is interested in what is going on in Lower Allen Township.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JUNE 17, 2019
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the June 17, 2019 meeting. Mr. YOUNG seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0.
Mr. Black entered the meeting at this point.
ACTION: APPROVAL OF DEPARTMENT OF INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE TAX FORM 990 FOR 2018.
Mrs. Trone sent this form to the Board prior for review. Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the submitting of the Form 990 for 2018 to the IRS. Mr. YOUNG seconded the motion. Motion carried,
ACTION: APPROVAL OF INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY FILING 2018.
Mr. YOUNG made a motion to approve the submitting of the IDA filing for 2018 with the correction of Mr. Young’s phone number. Mr. EBY seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0.
STAFF- PROJECT UPDATE
Mrs. Trone discussed the following:
- Abatement – all of the actual work is done; she is awaiting the final manifest that states it is all clear.
- Demolition – the permit has been issued with the one condition that the electricity needs to be turned off.
- Lighting Separation – PPL stated August 12th is when they will come to finish their work and will separate out the lighting. Bitner has already done their work ahead of time. She has informed demolition contractor that August 12th they can come in and do their work.
- Condominium Documents – she explained they are working on setting up the condo since we are redoing the units and pads within the condo.
- Traffic Study – Mrs. Trone heard from McMann this afternoon and they will be submitting their revised comments to Penn Dot on July 24 .
- Gravity Sewer – Mr. Ritchey gave the board an update on the gravity sewer plan. Mrs. Trone is going to review this new plan with the Sewer Authority.
- Detour started for round-abouts by Arcona on Friday; the staff have received many comments. It is to be completed around November.
- Gettysburg Road – They have been working to get additional funding to relocate the utilities. It is moving along.
Mr. Eby stated he would like to remind everyone about doing comments on the proposed changes of the By-laws; possibly plan on next meeting to authorize the new By-laws.
RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Regular Meeting of the Development Authority recessed into Executive Session to discuss real estate transactions @ 6:21pm.
RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
The Regular Meeting of the Development Authority reconvened @ 6:58pm.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Thursday, August 19, 2019 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. YOUNG seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:59pm.