LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
REGULAR MEETING JULY 17, 2023
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
|AUTHORITY MEMBERS||TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL|
|Max Stoner, Chairman||Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager|
|H. Edward Black, Vice Chairman||Steven Miner, Solicitor|
|John Eby, Secretary||Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary|
|Salvatore Marone, Treasurer|
Chairman Stoner called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:02pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
Mr. O’Shea was absent with excuse.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF APRIL 17, 2023
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the April 17, 2023 with a correction stating that “Max Stoner was absent with excuse”; however, this should state “Salvatore Marone was absent with excuse”. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0.
DISCUSSION: DEVELOPMENT UPDATES
Mrs. Trone discussed the following items with the Board showing locations on wall map.
- Under Construction
- Arcona 8.2- is 40 units currently under construction. Mr. Eby asked about the area off the 4th leg of the Arcona round-about and Mrs. Trone explained there is no movement there.
- Birch Grove- 18 townhome units; these are located by the old Lower Allen Elementary School.
Mr. Black entered the meeting at this point.
- 2450 Gettysburg Road Warehouse – This is under construction; it is for gaming equipment
- OIP- in the old Progressive Auto building; will be opened right around the beginning of next year
- Gettysburg Road strip center- Sola Salon, Med Spa, and Clean Eats – this is across from the old Lower Allen Township Building.
- Lark Meadows- application in for 1st single family home which will be the model home; this is off of Rossmoyne Road.
- West Shore Homes- temporary CO (old PHEAA building)
- Capital City Mall- JP Sports is a store going in the mall and the Bonchon Chicken & Taco Bell are going into the food court.
- Subdivision Plans
- Interstate Towing- they are adding a garage
- Trinity- are adding two gyms in two different buildings; one for volleyball and one for wrestling.
- Spring Lake Apartments- additional 24 units (12 under construction)
- Cedar Run Business Park- flex space near Allen Middle School, awaiting HOP and BOC approval
- Cloud 10 Carwash- replacing bank on corner of Lower Allen Drive and Gettysburg- awaiting HOP, applied for demolition permit
- Tommy Carwash- Resubmission due to HOP; at Planning Commission 7/18
- Future Development
- West Shore Homes in former Members 1st building in Rossmoyne Business center (Building permit)
DISCUSSION: DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY NEXT STEPS
Mrs. Trone discussed with the Board how the decision to purchase the Bon Ton property has improved the area and it was definitely the right move for the Board to take.
Discussions ensued concerning various sites and different projects for the Board to look into for their next project. Discussion also concerning the quarry which is now owned by New Enterprise. (previously owned by Hempt Bros).
Mr. Joseph Swartz, 1706 Letchworth Road, Camp Hill, informed the Board about a problem at Lower Allen Commons at the corner of Chick-fil-A and Trader Joe’s. When you are coming out of Trader Joe’s everyone is expecting traffic to stop and he has seen at least 4-5 times people almost get side-swiped as they are starting to pull out. He explained he does know it does not belong to the Development Authority anymore; however, he just wants it noted that it is an issue. Mrs. Trone will pass this on to the current association.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Monday, August 21, 2023 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:45pm.