Board of Commissioners
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
October 12, 2015 7:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Black. Proof of Publication.
2. Opening Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Minutes: September 28, 2015
4. Presentation: Recreation and Parks Board will present their annual review and recommendations
5. Resolution 2015-R-25 Recognizing Lynn C. Smith for 38 years of service.
6. EMPLOYEE RECOGNITIONS – Length of Service and Performance
7. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
8. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, Staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Agreement with Fairview Township, Pennsylvania American Water Company, and the Lower Allen Authority regarding the sale of Fairview’s sanitary sewer service.
b. Approve payment for HVAC system: Tridium R2 to Tridium N4 BAS in the amount of $22,550.00.
9. PRESIDENT BLACK
a. Check Register of October 2, 2015 in the amount of $204,288.98.
b. Motion to approve payment of Invoice No. 3 to B and B Pole Building Co. in the amount of $49,695.00 for construction of the new Accessory Storage Building.
c. Motion to approve payment of Invoice No. 3 to Sponaugle Construction Services in the amount of $8,629.20 for plumbing construction in the Cedar Spring Run Park.
10. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to 15 minutes per person.
11. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion and Possible Action: Accepting time extensions for the following SLD Dockets, establishing a new expiration date of December 18, 2015:
1. SLD Docket No. 2015-05, Revised Overall Master Plan for Arcona.
2. SLD Docket No. 2015-07, Revised Preliminary Subdivision and Land Development Plan for Highpoint, Phase 1.5.
3. SLD Docket No. 2015-08, Final Subdivision and Land Development Plan for Highpoint, Phase 1.5.
4. SLD Docket No. 2015-09, Preliminary Subdivision and Land Development Plan for Arcona, Phase 2.
5. SLD Docket No. 2015-10, Final Subdivision and Land Development Plan for Arcona, Phases 2.1 and 2.2.
6. SLD Docket No. 2015-11, Final Subdivision and Land Development Plan for Arcona, Phases 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5.
b. Discussion: Approving a supplementary payment for HRG, Inc. for noise studies associated with the Gettysburg Road Realignment Project, in the amount of $15,500.00.
c. Update re: Wesley Mews automatic fire sprinkler system upgrade project
12. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. Cody five year maintenance agreement.
13. ASSISTANT MANAGER
a. Risk Management Assessment from PMA
a. Repository sale properties
b. Board & Commission appointments
c. Commissioner portraits
15. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
16. Executive Session: Personnel and Legal
a. Manager’s salary