DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING SEPTEMBER 21, 2015
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Max Stoner, Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
John Eby, Secretary
Salvatore F. Marone, Treasurer
H. Edward Black
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Art Campbell and Jessica Gasper of Campbell Commercial Real Estate, Inc.
Max Stoner, Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:02pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JULY 20, 2015
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the July 20, 2015 meeting. Mr. BLACK seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
There were no comments from the public.
ACTION: RENEW LEASE FOR ARCHER PEST CONTROL
Mrs. Trone explained to the Board, the lease for Archer Pest Control will be due in October and they have asked to extend the lease for a period of one (1) year; in addition, we were able to obtain an increase of 3+%.
Mr. YOUNG made a motion for the Board to extend the lease for Archer Pest Control for one year. Mr. EBY seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
ACTION: SALES AGREEMENT OFFER OF $500,000 FROM CHENNA R. CHAKKA FOR 1993 HUMMEL AVENUE PROPERTY
Mrs. Trone presented to the Board the Sales agreement offer from Chenna R. Chakka for purchase of the 1993 Hummel Avenue Property. The property has been on the market for seven years with the original asking price of $1.2 million; decreased asking price to $990,000; $799,000; and in March, 2014 it was again lowered to $699,000.
The property was appraised at $560,000 in February by a prospective buyer; Cumberland County appraised it at $650,000. Mr. Black suggested making a counter-offer of $600,000. Discussion ensued with Art Campbell of Campbell Real Estate. He explained the offer is not time-sensitive. Dates will be put in the agreement when and if the Authority would approve it. Further discussion ensued.
Mr. BLACK made a motion for the Board to make a counter-offer of $600,000 to Chenna R. Chakka for the 1993 Hummel Avenue Property. Mr. EBY seconded the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
• Cumberland County Alliance – Mrs. Trone explained the cost to continue to belong to this organization is $100.00 annually. She feels this is a good investment and wanted to let the Authority know about this expense before moving forward.
• Gettysburg Road TDD – Mrs. Trone explained this is slowly moving forward. She explained Penn Dot has informed us there must be a sound generation study completed.
• Arcona – John Eby – Phase 1.4 which is an amendment to the Highpoint Development Plan is moving forward in the plan approval process; however, the second phase which includes a preliminary plan, several other preliminary plans and the final plan for phases of phase 2 has stalled out; this was tabled at the Planning Commission meeting; revised plans did come in, however they were major revisions so they were not heard at last week’s Planning Commission meeting; therefore, it will be put off another month.. There is major work to do on over-all master plan and the memorandum of understanding so those prerequisites need to keep moving. Without them John does not see any significant action on the second phase. He has made comments on all three versions of the master plan and they are still reacting to his last two sets of comments. Staff is still waiting for the 3rd revision of the overall master plan, none of which have gotten to the Board of Commissioners; therefore, nothing has been approved in phase 2.
• Brooks Edge – John Eby – out of five (5) buildings, three (3) are completed and occupied, the 4th is ready for final inspection and occupancy, and in a few months will be nearing completion.
• Field and Stream – John Eby – all clearances completed from uniform construction code, engineering, zoning and certificates to occupy; they are stocking shelves and training staff; the grand opening is planned for some time in October.
• Executive Park West – John Eby – permits are issued, construction has not commenced. There is a pre-construction conference with our staff, sewer authority and County Conservation scheduled for Wednesday.
• 4530 Lena Drive, 3 story office building in Westport by the old AIG Building. The permits are issued for the footings, foundation and retaining wall which are underway.
• Capital City Mall area – John Eby explained the Company, Spirit Halloween has filed an application to put up a conditioned/enclosed tent in the mall parking lot.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Monday, October 19, 2015 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried,5-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:55pm