Board of Commissioners
LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
September 12, 2016 7:00 PM
1. Call to Order by President Black. Proof of Publication.
2. Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes: August 22, 2016
4. Presentation: Sam Morgan will present a donation to the Township in recognition of the Township’s participation in Central Penn College’s Forensic Camp.
5. Presentation: Recreation and Parks Board Annual Review and Recommendations.
6. Audience Participation: Any item on the agenda.
7. CONSENT AGENDA
Any Commissioner, Staff member, or anyone in attendance who would like to have an item on the Consent Agenda removed for further discussion can request so now. Is there a request for the removal of an item(s) on the Consent Agenda?
Accept motion to approve the items on the Consent Agenda, which are listed as follows:
a. Release of Improvement Security for SLD Docket No. 2015-01, 2404 Gettysburg Road Building Addition.
b. Tax Collector’s Monthly Reports for August 2016.
8. PRESIDENT BLACK
a. Check Register of September 2, 2016 in the amount of $162,058.62.
9. Any business pertinent to the Township. Discussions will be limited to fifteen (15) minutes per person.
10. PUBLIC SAFETY
a. Discussion and possible action: Resolution 2016-R-27 a resolution of the Board of Commissioners of Lower Allen Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, adopting the updated Emergency Operations Plan of Lower Allen Township.
b. Discussion: 9/11 Memorial Location on the Municipal Complex Property.
11. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
a. Discussion: SLD Docket No. 2016-05, Final Minor Land Development Plan for Capital City Mall Restaurant Addition. Proposed construction of a 7,000 square foot addition for a restaurant, bringing the total area of the mall to 710,802 square feet.
b. Discussion and Possible Action: Executing a contract with McMahon Associates, Inc. to provide Traffic Engineering Services on an as-needed basis associated with review of Land Development Projects.
12. ASSISTANT MANAGER
a. Discussion and possible action: Resolution 2016-R-28 a resolution of the Board of Commissioners of Lower Allen Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, authorizing the sale of Township property valued over $1,000.
a. Discussion: Revised draft the Snow and Ice Removal ordinance amendment.
b. Employee Recognitions
c. Township’s Health Insurance Plan
14. COMMISSIONERS REPORTS
15. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Captain benefits
b. Employee benefits