DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY LOWER ALLEN TOWNSHIP
REGULAR MEETING MAY 20, 2019
The following were in ATTENDANCE:
AUTHORITY MEMBERS TOWNSHIP PERSONNEL
Max Stoner, Chairman Erin Trone, Township Assistant Manager
John Eby, Secretary Mary Ellen Banks, Recording Secretary
Salvatore F. Marone, Treasurer Steven Miner, Solicitor
PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE
Tom Ritchey, Third Mountain Partners, LLC
Art Campbell of Campbell Commercial Real Estate, Inc.
Larry Kostelac of Campbell Commercial Real Estate, Inc.
Max Stoner, Chairman called the meeting of the Lower Allen Township Development Authority to order at 6:00pm and announced Proof of Publication was available for review.
Peddrick Young, Vice Chairman was absent with excuse.
PUBLIC COMMENT: NONE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF APRIL 15, 2019
Mr. EBY made a motion to approve the minutes of the April 15, 2019 meeting with correction of the spelling of Larry Kostelac’s name. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 3-0.
Mr. Black entered the meeting at this point.
ACTION: EXECUTE AGREEMENTS WITH PMI FOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Mrs. Trone explained to the Board there are two agreements; one to manage the condominium and one to manage the property. The price remains the same, however, they need to have two different agreements. Discussion ensued with questions and changes. Mr. EBY made a motion to authorize execution of the property management agreement with corrections noted on the first paragraph on page one, the addition to the extent permitted by law on page five and with the contingency that Mrs. Trone verify the insurance requirements of “A”, under item 10, on page four. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0.
The Board discussed the second agreement to manage the condominium with explanations from Mr. Campbell. Mr. EBY made a motion to authorize execution of the management agreement for the condo association. Mr. BLACK seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0.
ACTION: EXECUTE AGREEMENT OF SALE FOR THE BURGER KING. Mr. Campbell explained the closing is estimated to be June 20th. Discussion ensued on items on the agreement. Mr. EBY made a motion to authorize the execution of the agreement of sale for the Burger King property filling in on page 3, item 6, zoning district as C-4. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0.
DISCUSSION: USING BROWN SCHULTZ SHERIDAN & FRITZ FOR 990 AND IDA FILINGS.
Mrs. Trone explained this is the company that has done our 990 for the last two years and they have offered to do it for $500; 2018 is not overly complicated so it would not be necessary to use them; however, in 2019 she will definitely suggest using them. As of right now we do not have everything so she did send in for an extension for the 990 for six months; however, the IDA is due by July 31st. The Board has tabled this decision for the next meeting.
RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Regular Meeting of the Development Authority recessed into Executive Session to discuss real estate transactions @ 6:32pm.
RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
The Regular Meeting of the Development Authority reconvened @ 7:21pm.
DISCUSSION: C-1 ZONING DISTRICT TEXT AMENDMENT CHANGES
Mrs. Trone explained this item on the agenda. Discussion ensued. Mr. Eby explained that currently there are impediments in some C-1 districts for redevelopment; we could possibly be more flexible on usage and reducing some requirements. Mrs. Trone explained there are no drafts for changes as of now. The Board would like for staff to move forward to investigate changes.
DISCUSSION: BY-LAW CHANGES
Discussion ensued with the hand-out from Solicitor Miner with suggested changes in red to the By-laws. Solicitor Miner explained the Board does not have to include Mrs. Trone’s information in the by-laws or do the letterhead; this can be done separately. Mrs. Trone will put her ideas in the Board’s packets for next meeting for the letterhead and logo for the Authority. Also, according to Solicitor Miner, the Board can appoint Mrs. Trone as Director.
STAFF- PROJECT UPDATE
Mrs. Trone explained the following:
- Landscaping – the company was hired and have been working; the site looks good.
- Abatement – this was almost done; however, they found on the 2nd story roof the chiller has asbestos insulation along with a few other places so there will have to be a change with the contractor, First Capital especially with the chiller – that will probably be an expensive find.
- Demolition – the bid is out currently; it will close on Friday, May 24th and the opening will be done here at 1:00 that day and then next Thursday, May 30th the Board will meet at 6:00pm which gives staff a couple of days to call references and look at bid bonds, etc. There will be a possible addendum issued. Demolition cannot be started until the lighting separation is completed. Discussion ensued.
- Lighting Separation – the bid is out for this now.
- Utilities – gas and water are disconnected.
- Gravity Sewer Line – this is moving ahead; the survey crew has been out marking the site.
- Round-about – this was discussed previously and the Board decided they do not want a round-about.
- Project Name – discussion ensued. Mr. Campbell and Mr. Ritchey do not think it would be beneficial to do this; the retailers will have their actual signage which will take care of this.
- Training – the police did the training at the Borders building. The fire companies are scheduled for training also on Wednesday.
NEXT MEETING OF THE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
The next meeting of the Development Authority is scheduled for Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 6:00pm.
Mr. EBY made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. MARONE seconded the motion. Motion carried, 4-0. Meeting adjourned at 7:56pm.